Introduction to Environment & Ecology
In this course you will study, the main link between the natural environment and human health, structure and functions of natural ecosystems, alternate energy resources and conservation. It provides an overview of global environmental issues like:Climate change,Greenhouse effects and Global warming.
After completing this unit, you will be able to:
- Define the natural environment and linkages between people and natural environment;
- Describe the segments of the environment namely atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere and biosphere;
- Explain the human influence on environment; and
- Explain the environmental sustainability
- Define the concept and components of ecosystem;
- Describe various ecosystems;
- Explain the energy flow, trophic levels, food chains, food webs; and
- Define renewable and non-renewable energy resources;
- Differentiate between conventional and non conventional energy resources;
- Identify the current energy problems; and
- Explain the methods for energy conservation.
- Describe the factors causing environmental degradation;
- Explain the effects of climate change;
- Environment and Ecology
- Explain the meaning of green house effect;
- Define acid rain and mention the forms of acid rain; and
- Explain the effects of ozone depletion.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a quality assured certificate. This provide’s evidence for compliance and Competency.