About CourseHot Works e-learning course will educate the trainee on how to work safely and follow safe systems of work.
Hot Works such as: Welding, Gas cutting and Grinding are commonly done in most Plants and Construction sites. The manpower employed in such tasks may know the skill but be unaware of safe practices or accompanying hazards especially while working in hazardous areas. What was considered as minor lapses have led to catastrophic incidents in the past.
It Is important for competent and trained manpower to oversee such activities or train the personnel involved to avoid loss of life and equipment.
- Module 1: Introduction to Hot Works.
- Module 2: Welding and Gas Cutting Process.
- Module 3: Electrical Shocks during Hot Works.
- Module 4: Fire Explosion, Fumes and Gases, UV Light Hazards and Controls.
- Module 5: Grinding Process.
- Module 6: Gas Cylinder Types and Handling, Storage of Gas Cylinders.
- Module 7: Hot Works in small Tanks and Drums.
- Module 8: Permit to Work.
- Module 9: Fire Prevention and Protection.
- Module 10: Emergency Evacuation Procedures.
- Module 11: Personal Protective Equipment.
- Module 12: Prohibited Behaviors.
- Welding and Gas cutting Safety, Hazards, Risk and control Measures
- Grinding Safety, Hazards, Risk and Control Measures.
- Types of Gas Cylinders used in Hot Work
- Handling and Storage of Gas cylinders
- Hot Works in Small Tanks and Drums
- Hot work Permit to work
- Fire prevention and protection
- Emergency Evacuation Procedure
- Personal protective equipment
- Prohibited behaviors and unsafe practices.
The course has been prepared in accordance to guidelines and standards prevalent in India and abroad
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don’t pass don’t worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a quality assured certificate. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.