Fire Safety Risk Assessment
About CourseFire Safety Risk Assessment e-learning course will educate the trainee on how to carry out Fire Safety Risk Assessments, following Regulations and Local Guidance.
The Fire Safety risk assessment training course is the complete route to begin your FRA competency. The course is aimed specifically at those who have little or no fire safety knowledge but have the responsibility to carry out or implement fire risk assessments.
This Fire Safety Training Course teaches you about the fire risks in work premises and what safety measures should be in place to control them. It explains everyone’s responsibilities, the common causes of fires, how to prevent them, what fire safety arrangements are necessary, and the importance of following emergency procedures.
- Module 1: Introduction to Fire Safety
- Module 2: Why fire safety is important, the fire triangle, types of fires, responsible persons, fire wardens, and employee duties.
- Module 3: Risk Assessment: What is a risk assessment, who is responsible for risk assessments, how to carry out risk assessments, the hierarchy of control, and daily and weekly assessments
- Module 4: Fire Safety Measures Housekeeping, detection and warning systems, fire extinguishers, evacuation routes and exits, fire signs, and emergency lighting.
- Module 5: Evacuation Procedures Evacuation strategies, what to do during an evacuation, personal emergency evacuation plans, and fire drills.
- What causes fires and how to prevent them.
- What the regulations requires of businesses regarding fire safety.
- Know how to carry out a fire risk assessment.
- How to help minimise fire safety risks, for example, through good housekeeping.
- What type of detection and warning systems should be in place at your premises.
- The different types of fire safety signs that workplaces should have.
- How to ensure your evacuation routes and exits remain effective at all times.
- The various types of evacuation strategies and which one your workplace may use.
- What to do during an evacuation.
- The importance of personal emergency evacuation plans and fire drills.
The course has been prepared in accordance to guidelines and standards accepted globally.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don’t pass don’t worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a quality assured certificate. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.